VISX S4 Laser
There has never been a laser vision correction procedure that offers the precision and accuracy of the CustomVue Procedure. Since 2003, the CustomVue Procedure has continued to earn FDA approvals to treat the broadest range of vision imperfections possible, including mild to severe nearsightedness, farsightedness and all types of astigmatism.
An Individualized Treatment
The CustomVue Procedure begins with an individual vision evaluation using our WaveScanSystem which creates a map of your eyes’ unique imperfections. The CustomVue Procedure uses the digital information from that map to design a custom treatment for each of your eyes. This WaveScan map information is then transferred to the VISX STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser. The STAR S4 from VISX has taken that reputation to an even higher level. The STAR S4 excimer laser system represents the most advanced laser technology platform available today. Integrating data collected by the WaveScan WaveFront System, the STAR S4 utilizes these exclusive VISX technologies to deliver precision custom ablations:
- Iris Registration (IR): The first FDA-approved, fully automated, non-contact method of alignment of the correct CustomVue treatment to the corneal site
- Variable Spot Scanning (VSS): Variable beam sizes from as small as 0.65 mm up to 6.5 mm scanned over the treatment area, conserving tissue and optimizing treatment times
- ActiveTrak 3-D Active Eye Tracking: Captures all 3 dimensions of intra-operative eye movements–no dilation required
- ActiveTrak Automatic Centering: Locates, and then automatically sets the treatment center to the –center of the pupil.
Clinical studies presented to the FDA show that the CustomVue Procedure can produce better vision than is possible with glasses or contact lenses. In fact, clinical studies have shown that more patients were satisfied or very satisfied with their vision after the CustomVue Procedure than they were before with glasses or contact lenses.
Other notable outcomes for specific indications show:
- Ninety eight percent of mild to moderate nearsighted patients could see 20/20 or better one year after treatment
- One hundred percent of mild to moderate nearsighted patients could pass a driving test without glasses or contact lenses one year after treatment
*Data on file. AMO Development, LLC. CustomVue Procedure clinical trials submitted to the FDA; 2003, 2004, 2005 & 2007.